Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Planning a Seminar - Be Ready for Anything with an Emergency Resource Kit

Whenever I work on an event, I bring my own box of items I think might be necessary on-site that others might forget. Here are some of the things I include:
  • Aspirin

  • Band-aids

  • Breath mints

  • Cough drops

  • Duct tape

  • Envelopes

  • Extension cord

  • Flash drive

  • Hand sanitizer

  • Highlighters

  • Kleenex

  • Laundry stain remover

  • Memo pad

  • Mini-Screwdriver

  • Name tags

  • Packing tape

  • Pens

  • Permanent marking pens

  • Power strip

  • Rubber bands

  • Safety pins

  • Scissors

  • Scotch tape

  • Sewing kit

  • Shipping labels

  • Staples and stapler

  • Sticky notes

  • Swiss Army Knife
In case of any emergencies, you should also bring along a list of contacts for the venue, technical set-up and staff back at the office.